The Rugby Innovation Summit
Optimise Performance. Reduce Injury. Increase Involvement.
24th/25th May 2016, London.
The Rugby Innovation Summit 2016 in partnership with Harlequins Rugby and Rugby World Magazine takes place at Twickenham Stoop Stadium, London, on 24th and 25th May 2016 and is truly the first event of its kind. It has been carefully designed to bring the very latest research and innovation to improve coaching, reduce injury and optimise performance. Over two days the event combines content-rich presentations with injury specific medical seminars, live performance testing alongside a Home Nations International Mixed Touch Tournament.
With over 200 Rugby and Performance Directors from the leading clubs, universities and schools in attendance The Rugby Innovation Summit creates a unique combination of theory and research with live performance and injury reducing technology demonstrations and game play. Showcasing the latest and most innovative research and technology in live scenarios enables Directors of Rugby, Performance Coaches, Sport Scientists and Medical Professionals to see directly how it will impact their team’s performance and welfare on the field.
Leading figures from the world of Rugby, Contact Sports, Medicine and Sports Science will be in attendance and speakers include:
Dave Alred, Elite Performance Coach, Performing Under Pressure
Daniel Tobin, Head of Fitness, Leinster Rugby
Bill Burgos, Head of Strength & Conditioning, Orlando Magic
Mark Bennett, Head of Performance, Bristol Rugby
George Murray, Head Performance Analyst, Munster Rugby
Stephen Aboud, Head of Technical Direction, IRFU
Richie Gray, Breakdown & Defence Specialist, Scotland Rugby
Mike Friday, Head Coach, USA 7s
Peter Bracken, Elite Scrum Coach, IRFU
Giles Heagerty, Head Coach, England Counties U18’s
Dr Phil Batty, Clinical Director, Isokinetic London
Mike Loosemore, Chief Medical Officer, GB Boxing
Mike England, Director RFU Injured Players’ Foundation, RFU
Dr James Brown, Chief Medical Officer, GB Triathlon
Dr Wayne Viljoen, Head of Rugby Safety, SARU
Why You Should Attend
- The only rugby specific event for injury prevention and performance
- 40+ leading speakers from rugby, sport, sports medicine and tech innovation
- Medical Workshops led by the leading Sports’ Medicine Practitioners
- Home Nation International Mixed Touch Rugby Tournament with England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland showcasing the latest technology in live scenarios
- Performance Labs testing and applying the very latest research in sports science
- Live Demonstration, Performance & Game-Play Area to test the latest innovations and showcase their applicability
*Register this week using loverugby25 and save 25%. Offer ends 09/04/16