In the latest JDG Sport video, James sits down with John Rollinson from Data Shepherd to discuss how GDPR will affect sports clubs.
GDPR rules are changing at the end of May to increase data protection. This will enable anyone to request a club or business detail what data they hold, and remove it if requested.
In the video, James asks:
- How clubs may be affected
- How it affects existing data, such as when captured via ticket or merchandise sales
- What actions they can take to protect themselves
- Discusses Manchester United’s move to address GDPR
- What punishments clubs could face
If you have any comments or questions, leave below and we’ll do our best to answer.