JDG Media is now recruiting for a Marketing & Sponsorship executive, in partnership with the University of Chester.
The graduate internship vacancy is open to graduates of the university, and is based on an initial duration of two months.
Who are JDG Media?
JDG Media is a digital media and marketing agency, specialising in sport. We produce content, run social media and manage websites for a range of clients in the sports industry, including professional clubs, brands, publications and agencies. The business was established in 2010. Our combined office has eight desks and we have a flexible working culture, centred around our coverage of sport. As well as our in-office staff, we have a number of freelancers and contractors based around the company to help us deliver our work.
What is the role?
Marketing and Sponsorship – There are two projects to undertake – the first is to re-establish our internal marketing channels, such as social media, to help promote JDG Media to potential clients. The second is to support the sales and delivery of sponsorship packages to our sports club clients.
What will I be doing?
- Building relationships that will lead to new leads coming in to the business
- Social media management
- Researching businesses (in both sport and locally to Warrington)
- Finding key contacts (using LinkedIn and other methods)
- Connecting with appropriate contacts
- Reaching out to contacts to inform them of JDG/sponsorship
What skills/ knowledge and experience will I need?
- Excellent communications
- Flawless writing and grammar
- An interest and knowledge of sport
- Frequent user of social media (particularly Facebook and Twitter)
Our track record
We have a proven track record of evolving internships and placement opportunities in to full-time, salaried roles.
Liam joined us on the Kickstarter programme in August 2021, was offered a full-time post on completion and remains with us to this date.
Josh came to us on a similar internship scheme to this from the University of Chester in September 2019, went full-time with JDG Media immediately on completion three months later. He remains with us, having switched to our partners at Planet Sport in January 2022.
Over the 12 years of the business, many of our staff recruits have either started with us on placement or internships; evolving in to part-time or full-time roles and then moving on within the industry.
Salary and application details
- Duration: 8 weeks, fixed-term, full-time, 36 hours per week
- Salary: £11.97 per hour (pro rata £22,500)
The vacancy is now open to applications via the University of Chester jobs portal, and closes on July 3.