The following opportunity is available to University of Chester students and graduates only.
JDG Sport provides media and marketing services to the sports industry, assisting clients with the development of their fan bases and increasing their brand awareness. We create content, build website, enhance operations through digital and manage media strategies.
Founded in 2010 by James Gordon and based in Warrington, the business has a strong heritage in niche sports, in particular rugby league, non-league football, ice hockey and basketball, and is always looking to develop new ideas for growth.
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic individual to join the team in the role of Media & Marketing Executive Intern, with the view to developing their skills to grow both themselves and the business.
The role will include being hands on across internal and client projects, showing initiative and improving the output of the business for both its own publications and clients.
Main duties include:
– Creating content for clients and in-house publications
– Building contacts and relationships, including interviewing for content creation
– Operating social media channels
– Actioning media and marketing strategy tasks
– Assisting with business development strategies and raising the profile of the business
– Flawless spelling and grammar
– Excellent communication skills
– Passion to develop a career in sports media and marketing
– Understanding of media ethics
– Self-starter that will go the extra mile when required
– Previous experience of managing social media accounts
– Previous experience of working with a sports club
Start date: Sep/Oct 2019
Total hours: 350
To apply, click here (students and graduates will need to know their CareerHub login to view the link)